Accelerating innovation to spark lifelong learning
A vision for EdTech
RealmSpark accelerates EdTech ideas and innovation to the world in support of universal, lifelong learning at Arizona State University.
A business unit of ASU Enterprise Partners, a private nonprofit that serves as the resource raising arm of ASU, RealmSpark:
- Is ASU’s investment umbrella that makes enterprise technology bets within a strategically managed portfolio.
- Facilitates access to ASU, a university operating at scale, and deploys capital to early stage education technology companies.
- Is part of a network of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and thought leaders in the education space.
ASU is driven by its charter to champion accessibility to higher education, advance research of public value and take responsibility for the health of the communities it serves. To achieve that vision, ASU has developed five technologically sophisticated modalities of learning that leverage in-person and digital spaces. Each modality, or realm, requires new capabilities and educational innovation. RealmSpark facilitates the capital investments needed to fuel these new capabilities.
Investing in the future of education
Potential entry points for start-ups
RealmSpark provides access to ASU as a functional accelerator. Through ScaleU, RealmSpark offers companies the chance to pilot, test and validate a product in a complex and dynamic university environment. ScaleU exits:
- Co-invests in technology.
- Dreamscape Learn
- Consults in business and product development and scaling services. RealmSpark identifies and collaborates with scientists, engineers, educators, inventors and industry in the development of knowledge-based innovations.
- Provides access to an angel investor network. Through InvestU, RealmSpark connects early-stage entrepreneurs to a global network of accredited investors, opportunities and resources within ASU’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
We enable early-stage EdTech companies to integrate, test and validate new technologies in ASU’s complex university environment. We are constantly learning of new EdTech needs across the institution and have researchers scrubbing the market and testing products to find solutions for them. We also have developed relationships with prolific and well-respected investment firms that introduce us to promising companies.
We leverage a network of angel investors that serves as a portal into early-stage capital market trends. Through an association with ASU’s Thunderbird School of Global Management, InvestU has cultivated a global network of investors. Our network includes thought leaders who have unique insights into the future of education and the technologies needed to make that future a reality. Our relationships span the public and private sectors and allow us to stay on top of industry challenges.